Wednesday, June 11, 2008

college essay

As a child I was really afraid of doctors. I hated going to one when ever I got sick or had a doctors appointment. I remember this time I had to go to the doctors for blood test. I didn't want to go so I hid under my bed unfortunately my mom found me. The doctors office was busy that day and I saw many little kids going in and coming out crying from the office. After watching them I started crying as well. The check up went painlessly as possible until it was time for my blood test. I was so scared that I just ran out of the office. My mom with the help of a nurse dragged me back into the office. At that point I just wanted to run and go home. The nurse held me tightly while the doctor got the needle ready. I was too scared to look so I closed my eyes. After it was over the doctor gave me a sticker and a lollipop.

Thinking about this makes me realize that doctors arent as bad as i thought they were. They help feel better when you are sick and make sure that you stay healthy. This encouraged me to become a doctor well a pediatrician to be exact. I want to make doctors appointement for little kids as painless as possible. I want to keep kids healtly and happy.

No comments: