Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Interpretion of quotes by D.H Lawrence & Emily Dickinsons and Do Now

Assignment: Interpret D.H.Lawrence’s “I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough Without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
Emily Dickinson’s “I am nobody, who are you?” Analyze this quote and the response should include your self-perception.


I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough Without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
-D.H.Lawrence

After reading this quote I got really confused and I still am but I think that this quote is saying that animals don’t feel sorry for them self. They work hard to survive in this harsh world. They don’t give up on their life. Like how squirrels stores nuts all year around for winter or how a mommy bird provides worms and
other insects for her babies. The animals has to hunt for their food but the human, if they get hungry they can just to the grocery store for food or the deli and or any restaurant. The humans are provided with everything but they don’t appreciate it until they lose everything. Some humans are lazy they give up too easily when things get hard. After giving up they pity themselves and ruin any chance of fixing their future.


“I am nobody, who are you?”
-Emily Dickinson

I think that this quote is asking us to define our self. The author of the poem Emily Dickinson is proudly saying she is a nobody and she is asking us who we are or who we think we are to people around us. If someone asked me that question, I would say that I am who I am and nobody can change that. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt or a friend to someone in my life. I am someone who is important to someone who also matter to me like my best friend Arzu. To other people who don’t know me I am just someone that they are going to meet once or twice in their life and I am not important to them because they don’t know me. I am definitely proud of who I am and I am not going to change my self and turn into someone I am not. My looks may change over time but I am the same person inside.






No comments: